Jackman Pond Co-housing Collective
The Jackman Pond Co-Housing Collective will offer elders the ability to live in a warm, welcoming, lively environment where interaction with community is integral to daily life.
Who chooses Intentional Co-housing Living?
- retirees who want to maintain an independent lifestyle surrounded by the energy and companionship of a community with shared values and vision
- individuals, friends, or couples with life experiences which they’re eager to share with a younger generation, through teaching or taking classes together, collaborating on projects, or working on communal tasks
- people who seek multigenerational fellowship
- elders who want to age in their own affordable living space without isolation
- those who are attracted to the process of tackling community, regional, or world problems with a cohort of energized people of all ages
Jackman Pond Co-housing Collective Offers
- meals shared daily or weekly with members of our co-housing and broader communities
- communal space in the farmhouse which includes a living room with wood stove; extensive library of fiction, poetry, and non-fiction; access to our wood shop; studio space; a piano; and our theater room for larger gatherings
- opportunities to take or teach classes with students of all ages in our out-of-school programs and community ed sessions
- a sense of purpose around reducing one’s carbon footprint and living more conscientiously, especially in connection to place
- immediate access to the Bearcamp River, Jackman Pond, and a varied network of trails or waterways for walking, snowshoeing, skiing, horseback riding, kayaking, or fishing
- potential for vegetable and perennial garden projects
- a forum for shared decision making around collective needs and desires
- sustainably-built and beautiful homes, duplexes, or shared housing units offered for long-term lease, ideally on a sliding scale based on ability to pay, and collectively maintained.
- access to free skilled nursing care from the Tamworth Community Nurse Association.